Friday, February 6, 2009

Song of the Week: 'Cold Lies'



Cold Lies

Verse
Cold lies
A thin glass
On the other side
Of my face
Told to believe
There's a reason
For all that's been done

As I pull
The window down
In comes the sound
From the cars
That drive on their way
To the people they love
While I wait for others to come

Chorus
Tell the water to run
Despite of all the things that I've done
I can't lay down my guns
When my hands are tied at the thumbs

Verse
A bell chimes
One times nine
Through the cold air climbs
Finds a place in my ear
Evidence here
That time truly waits for no man

The swan sings
A delicate thing
On a pendulum swings
Her heart in route to my hands
Feeble plans that we make
Creatures that break into sand

Chorus
Tell the water to run
Despite of all the things that I've done
I can't lay down my guns
When my hands are tied at the thumbs
Wouldn't be too much harm
But there's just so much room in your arms

Verse
It's a shame
The oceans can't freeze
The tide that's in me
Is the same
That churns in its wake
Controlling the same
The land is the victim indeed

The rain beads
On the window now
A glimpse of how
All thoughts can bleed into one
And all I have done
A collection of what I've become
Due to the wordiness of this song, it took me about eight takes to get it right. I'm not going to do the rating thing like I did last week. It was too clunky, and besides YouTube has the ability to rate videos.

What I was trying to establish was a way to get more feedback on my new 'Song of the Week.' Thanks to all my regulars, you guys give me very good input. If you are new here, don't be afraid to tell me what you think.

4 comments:

  1. This is going to quickly become one of my favorite songs of yours; very well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good performance. Your sound is definitely improving. I read the lyrics first and wasn't sure about them, but the words with the music really sounded great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both very much. It is strange how much more words can mean with the addition of music. I'm glad the music helped sell the song for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, love it, love it! Seriously, I think this is my favorite of all time hun! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete