Thursday, February 5, 2009

'Cold Lies' to Come

Due to my sickness and traveling last week, I obliged everyone with Jimmy and I playing a version of Gangsta's Paradise instead of writing and casting a new song. It has been a struggle this week, but I just finished the new song last night.

'Cold Lies' is kind of an oddity. Once I have a good tune, it typically doesn't take me long to write a song. This song , however, took me hours to write. It's not that the ideas, words, or music is all that complicated; it's that I wasn't feeling inspired but I forced myself to write as if I was a professional.

Writers are the only ones attributed with having 'blocks', but we all have blocks. As a designer there are times when I feel as creative as brown paper sack, but I have to force my way through it and sometimes the results are just as good as those 'inspired' times.

So look for the new video later tonight or in the morning, it's a good 'Chase' song. No doubt I am forming a style.

No comments:

Post a Comment