Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So I'm not unbreakable? Drat!

This is Chase inserting his foot in his mouth. "I never get sick, I have a great immune system, blah blah, blah." Now tell that to your ceiling as it is about the only thing you have looked at the past three days as you have laid in your bed, what could have well been your death bed.

Whew, in case you haven't figured it out, I haven't posted in a while... reason: I have been sick. I usually get bored listening to people tell me how they are sick, its not that I don't care about them or feel bad, its just kind of like small talk. So I will give you the more colorful explanation of my pain as I described to one of my friends. This is a thought that ran through my head in the midst of my sickness:

"This must be what it feels like to turn into a werewolf. To have your entire DNA and physical makeup transform altogether into something else. Something evil... and painful... and wretched."


Haha, I'm weird I know, but keep in mind I was a little delusional at this point, and to me this made a lot of sense.

"What did you have, a cold?"
"No, I almost turned into a werewolf."


Good thing was, I was able to come out of the sickness long enough to do my show and it went very good. Gave me back some confidence in my performing abilities, and restored my love for performing all together. You see for people that don't know being a good songwriter and being a good performer are as different as say um, being a good farmer and being a good chef. Sure there are things that are relatable, but a completely different set of skills are required. I am getting better at both, and doing both more make me grow as a musician, artist, and performer. It was very fun and I thank everyone that was able to come.

I am in the process of writing my 'Song of the Week' still. Even though I am busier than I one legged man in an ass-kicking contest from being out of work so long. But in light of all this, the song of the week is going to be funny, not serious. I need a break from that for a while. And what with the economy and the wars and the sickness going around, you guys do too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't turn into a werewolf. I'm starting to feel that annoying sickness coming on...so if I come growling at your door, don't stab with a silver dagger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, now you know how I felt back in January before my birthday party. Thank God it only lasted for a couple of days! Am glad to hear you're feeling much better :) Look forward to your new song!

    ReplyDelete