Monday, February 16, 2009

Musical Status

A quick update on what I am doing musically. My goals for January were not quite met, but I did accomplish the following:
  • Played two venues
  • Recorded one song
  • Maintained my blog and wrote some new songs
  • 90% Finished with my website (have a good friend writing some more professional text as we speak)
  • Created fan pages on myspace and facebook (with the help of Lindsey)
  • Taken some promotional photos (with the help of Stephanie
I'm not going to play out a whole lot until I finish recording two more songs. That way I can use the songs to get into more venues, try and get them into some soundtracks, and have a small single I can sell at shows.

By the way, for any local blog followers: I will be playing with Jimmy (the guy you see pop in my videos from time to time) at the Courthouse Cafe on the square in Shelbyville this Saturday from 7 to 10 PM. If you are looking for something a little different to do this weekend you should drop by and listen. It should be a very laid-back, mellow time. We are playing acoustically, with minimal percussion, and the place seems like it will have a very complimentary atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment