Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Words on Wednesday: "Look at You."

I was listening to 'Volcano' by Damien Rice, and he writes for both woman and man singing parts. That intrigues me. The song below is written for a man and woman as well. The two different singing parts are differentiated by what is in black and what is in gray.

Look at You

Verse
The sun will still rise.
You'll still find your feet
Directly below,
Just not above me.

It's all just words,
And these words are worthless.
It's going to take time,
But you'll break the surface.

Chorus
Look at my eyes;
Don't look at the things that I do.
I look at my life,
And I look at you.

Verse
The sun is still here,
Though the clouds lay a distraction.
There's always a cause,
And there's always a reaction.

Chorus
There's things that will change,
And there's things that we can't undo.
I look at my life,
And I look at you.

Bridge
For the sun to pour through your heart,
With each blessed ray;
For the warmth to enter your soul,
You must get out of the way.

Verse
But the sun's already set,
And it's all that I am.
A river can't run
While withstanding a dam.

Chorus
Look at my eyes,
I assure you, you'll only look through.
I look at my life,
And all the hardest things that I do.
When I look at my life,
I look at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment