Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday's Mutterings of One

I accidentally discovered a really good hook for a country song. I went to say to a friend at work that I needed to start my car so it will be warm when I get in. Instead I said 'heart' instead of car. Within no time I had a country chorus:
I'm gonna start your heart,
So it'll be warm when I get in.
It's been out in the cold so long,
It's been blowing in the wind.
You've been lost inside your mind;
You've been looking for a friend.
I'm gonna start your heart,
So it'll be warm when I get in.
Pay attention to this next time you hear a country song, they always repeat the first line of the chorus at the end of the chorus. One small example:
I'm carrying your love with me
From West Virginia down to Tennessee.
I'll be moving with the good lord's speed,
Carrying your love with me.
It's my strength for holding on,
Every minute that I have to be gone.
I'll have every thing I'll ever need;
I'm carrying your love with me.
Almost every country song I can think of follows this simple pattern. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment