Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Words on Wednesday: "Inertia"

A simple song, but I wanted it to be. So we'll call it a success. I draw from personal situations, emotions, memories, etc, but my goal is always to present these ideas in a format people can relate to. Before I do an unwarranted pat on the back, what about you blog readers? Is this song something you can relate to? That's the theme for this week's 'Words on Wednesday', being able to relate.

Next week we'll take a break from my deep and dark side, and tackle writing a song about being in love with a zombie. You know you're intrigued :)

Inertia

Verse
Should I want more?
Do I deserve less?
Should I explain?
Do I digress?

It's not that you're wrong,
It's just not that it's right.
It's not like I am strong
Enough to handle this fight.

Chorus
The line that I walk,
Must it always be paper thin?
Should I give up?
Should I give in?

Verse
Is this blood on my hands,
A spot I can't clean?
Are you more than a name?
Is this more than a dream?

Chorus
A life left spent to question,
'What might have been?'
Should I give up
When I want to give in?
Oh, should give up,
When this is the closest that I've been.

Bridge
I always feel more
Than the rate at which I obtain.
And I always negate
What you give, inspite of my pain.

Chorus
If you could read my mind,
Or just read between the lines therein.
Should I give up?
I should give in.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely able to relate. I ask myself just about every day if I should give up the fight or just give in.. And in some ways, this makes me think of something my ex would say to me, so I can relate on both sides.

    ReplyDelete