Friday, January 2, 2009

Poetic Friday: "No Divisors"

This is my third poetic post (for Fridays anyways), and its becoming increasingly easier to just let it go. My latest thought on the subject of poetry is this: don't control it, let it happen, then see where it will take you. I am beginning to think this will help the words in my songwriting as well, though I would never be this abstract.

These poems are mine, by the way, I don't know if I have been clear on that yet. If anything speaks to you let me know, that's the whole point of this blog. Sharing and interacting.

No Divisors

wish the world
would stop
long enough
for me to get off

moments pause
fractions hang
on dividing lines
dividends afloat

love was once
resounding
now astoundingly
a hum

from other rooms
from underneath
from up above
and under thumb

close line pins
to hang it on
drying
photo-copied

misread cues
to blame it on
bargaining
self relenting

underwent
and overthrown
the skin we own
to keep us in

bones as bars
and eyes as locks
And waning clocks
And waning clocks

1 comment:

  1. Man, this is semi-dark, and am not used to reading these types of poems from you. However, I do like it, and it's to the point; it has a resounding 'what you see is what you get' quality to it.

    ReplyDelete