Sunday, April 20, 2008

A wall of television and a burger king play center

Ah... to be American. Before summer is completely here, there are two home projects I would like to complete: Transforming my living room into a home theater, and installing and old burger king play center into my backyard.

I have never been pleased with my living room setup, the focus of the room is a fireplace, so I must put the tv on a side wall. Which means when you sit on the couch you have to look sideways to see the tv. I wanted to test a work project at home this weekend, so I brought home the work projector. It works great! One entire wall in my living room is now nothing but television, 12' x 10' of nothing but video. I am going to have to convince my wife to let me buy one.

Now to explain the burger king play center. Last year I wanted to buy my kids a swing set. One look at Lowes and WalMart and I realized, wow this is high. So I decided I would try to build my own. Then I got to looking at parts, and I realized, wow this is high. Just to buy a slide was like 500-800 bucks! Then I was driving by a roller skating rink and outside they had what appeared to be an old burger king play center, the kind with tubes and slides and such. It was not put together and appeared discarded. I took it off their hands for $800 and now I have about 250 sq feet of giant colorful tubes and metal posts. I have no plans, no picture of how it was once assembled. Just the opportunity to be completely creative and design and build something my kids will never forget.

Here's to innovation! I will let you know (and by you I mean me) how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment