Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Surveying in Hell

I am working on the latest Out-of-Plumb.com cartoon. I am excited about this one. I started doing them in color last month, and I am really pleased with the outcome. Here is what I am thinking for the June edition:

In surveying when an EDM or a total station (the thing that looks like a fancy camera on a tripod) takes a measurement it is called 'taking a shot.' In my cartoon I will have two guys trying to 'take a shot.' The only catch is that they will be surveying in hell... with flames, stalagmites, etc. The guys will both appear frustrated. The one behind the total station will say, "Nope, still can't get it." The bottom caption will read, "After countless tries, the crew realized they didn't have a shot in hell."

It is subtle (as most of mine are) but I think it will be funny.

2 comments: