Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Last Kiss

This is a very free flowing song. I decided against punctuation and section indicators (i.e. chorus, verse). This is circa 2005ish. An odd song for me stylistically, but I like the wordplay.

Last Kiss

The stars align
And I decline
Serendipity
Has no sympathy
For me

And mine
We're two of a kind, but
We don't combine well
We separate like oil
And water
What's the matter
It's been so long
Since I heard you laughter
I suppose
No one knows
But no one don't include
Me and you...

And me
Have a certain history
Of being cruel
And unusual
It's still a mystery that we
Can be fooled
And with a kiss from me
She knows its over

Seeing you
In this interview
We're playing through the motions

And the bombs go off
Before you start
Just ask yourself
Whats the cost of me...

And you
It'll take a half a century
To see
The truth
You know I have no sympathy
For being
Misused
And with a kiss from me
She knows its over

Must have been out of my head
Wasn't me, wasn't me
When I said what I said
It just slipped out of my...

Hands fold
In the prayer position
Hold them there
With submission
Say a prayer
If it's worth missing
Say you care
And keep on listening
You stare
Into the distance
It all falls down
In just one instance
I've lost more
Than just attention
But I'm just going to
Keep on kissing...

You and me
Are we ancient history
Or do we
Have another remedy
For me and you
And with kiss from she knows its over

1 comment:

  1. Love it! It reminds me of the conflicting storylines that were between the characters in the movie, "The Last Kiss."

    ReplyDelete