Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good Enough to Lose - Explained

As compared to my last two songs this song's meaning and message is a little more simple. From the perspective of the person telling the story: they feel completely opposite from the person that loves them. They also feel that they have done nothing to better the life of the person that loves them, where as everything that the other person does is pure and true.

So the only justification for the storyteller is that he or she is undeserving of this kind of person and love. Undeserving because they have never been loved in this way, never been shown how to live in this way, in essence has never had anything good enough to lose. Meaning, everything else they have experienced if they were to have lost it, no big deal. But in this case it was actually something good enough to lose, to miss, to feel pain and regret for.

So in its own way the song is an apology and explanation to the person who has loved them so much. Also, I'd like to believe that because our storyteller has experienced love now, and has realized his or her shortcomings, it is a step in the right direction for this person to find happiness. As if facing this cruel truth is the first step to accepting their self and their future. But the last part is me finishing the story after the guitar and singing have stopped, the sequel if you will.

See, simple. I wrote this song about a year ago, and it still gets stuck in my head from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. This song is great because it appeals to the emotions and gets a person thinking. I stumbled across your blog and took a listen...and I really like this song. It reminds me of a person I loved but who didn't think he was deserving of my love, so he never fully accepted it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad it was so easily relevant to you. Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete