Thursday, June 12, 2008

By George... I think you're right

Mr. Smith was kind enough to comment on my latest video, and he has a very intriguing point. He thought it would be better if what I thought the song about was more of a foot note than the focus. So that way people could read the lyrics first and let the song mean whatever they want it to mean to them.

At the root of it all, that is what is so unique about this artform. That is why I tend to write so ambiguously. It is so each song can have it's own meaning to each individual. There might be certain lines of imagery that paint a picture of a memory in their mind. While other lines of pure emotion dig up old feelings long since lost, like ghosts suddenly appearing in the hallway conjured by a melody forged at the beginning of creation.

So I do believe next time I will not preface the song with the muses I used in finding the words. Rather, I will place my inspirations (for curiosity's sake) somewhere at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment