Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Feeding the Ducks


My younglins and I bought a bag of hot dog buns and took off to feed the ducks at the local duck pond this weekend.


Hannah (the older one) loved it but was a bit afraid of the ducks. She did very good at breaking off little pieces for them to eat; but when the ducks would see her doing this they would come closer to her, and she in turn would move farther back still holding on to the bread. The ducks still seeing the bread would follow her more, until eventually she thinks, "Oh yeah, drop the bread and they will leave me alone." Now repeat this process several times, and that is what you call comedy.

I gave Ava the bread and she wouldn't feed the ducks with it, she would eat it. I said, "Ava, that's for the ducks." And she'd reply, "Uh, uh... I hungry."

She didn't have a problem getting near the ducks, actually she got in trouble for chasing and scaring them. The picture below is a picture of her after she got in trouble for chasing one into the road. As I am taking the shot she is saying, "Leave me alone."


This picture was an extremely hard shot to take by myself, but I did it! Thank you girls for being still for 2 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, the pictures of you and your girls are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chase,

    I've told you this before, you're awesome.

    -jimmy

    ReplyDelete