Friday, September 12, 2008

Album Art

For our next album, and it is a long ways away, I already have a vision of the album art. Several months ago I was walking through my Florida room when I stumbled upon the picture below (figure A) tacked to a bulletin board. I had seen this picture several times but for the first time ever I noticed the strange symbol in the picture.

Figure A:


Clinton (my Red Fish Blue partner) took this shot (and several others) inside of an abandoned train in our hometown. So I looked through the other shots, and I seen it in there as well. From what I can determine, it is not a logo, but rather decoration for the train. And the train itself was probably 50-60 years old... at least.

It was a very strange feeling when I seen the symbol, I instantly seen the cover of our next album in my head. I jumped on the computer and whipped this up in about 20 minutes.

Figure B:


Now this looks like a photo, however it is all digital. I created this from scratch, armed only with the photo in figure A. If you were to buy our cd in the store this is what the front of the jewel case would look like.

I like the mystery and intrigue I feel when I look at this image. I like the simplicity and the texture. Months came and went since I designed this, and no good name of the album to go with the picture, and our music, ever came to me. Then yesterday, out of the blue, I found the picture again and remembered how much I liked it, and again in an instant something came to me. The name of the album. Ready? Here goes:

"Up and Away"

The image, where I am in my life right now, where our music is, it all works perfect for me in my mind. Plus... everyone likes super heroes.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I like the graphic; I am purchasing your band's single "Just A Dream," since that is my favorite song by you all :)

    ReplyDelete