Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Role Model: the Serial Killer

That is a scary title I know, but sit tight I'll explain. I love the show Dexter. And for those of you who don't watch Dexter the first season is on DVD. You should ask yourself, "Why am I not watching this." The basic premise is this: Dexter is a serial killer that works in forensics. He kills people who (and the general public would agree) deserve to die. I look up to him for the following reasons:
Everything he can accomplish in a day
Work, his 'normal life', his killing. That's a lot to get done. Not your regular
work- eat-watch tv-sleep routine we all fall victim to.

• His ability to compartmentalize
He separates work from family, family from killing, all without breaking a sweat. He has to maintain his cool to the people around him or they will suspect something. I couldn't imagine hiding a secret like that and being able to put it aside to play with his girlfriend's kids.

• His confidence
Sometimes when I am walking across a parking lot I hear the theme music to Dexter and wish I could walk as cool in slow motion as he does.

• His cool demeanor
The guy is just too cool, but not cocky. He is charming and lax with people, it helps dissuade them from thinking he is a killer.

But that is it. The killing part, not so much. I can't wait for the third season to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment