Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Hannah!

It felt weird to talk about politics on here. (Shakes it off) Today is Hannah's birthday! She has been saying, "Remember, remember, the fifth of November," for several weeks now. A quote from 'V for Vendetta' that I taught her. I will have pictures from her party and from Halloween as soon as I can find my camera's usb cord.

I was especially proud of Hannah's mom and I. We did the party for ourselves and our families only last night. This was the first 'family event' since Carrie and I have been divorced. And it means a lot to me, and really says a lot for our parenting, that we can set the personal stuff aside and put the kids first. It really gives me high hopes for the girls' future, and it really helps me feel like although we may not be making the decisions other couples or parents might make, we will not negate our children's happiness because of it.

So Happy Birthday Hannah! I love you so much and I am so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment